Saturday, May 1, 2010

quick get away

(still learning how to do this blogging stuff- pictures are all in reverse order :) )


sorry for the quality- it's taken from a picture with my phone :)

Thank you lady for taking this for us! (In Wenatchee)


Lunch in the Beer Garden

Fun without kids




~Walking around Leavenworth~


*FREEDOM*

(just left the house!)


(13.3 miles later) The only poof I need (Thanks Melissa)

on April16th and 17th (I just found my camera cord-that's why this is late in posting) Trent and I drove off into the sun, to eastern Washington.... without kids.
I know your thinking your really jealous right?
Well don't be too jealous :)
The reason we were heading over the pass for the night wasn't truly for a romantic getaway, it was instead because I had lost it. In January I signed up to run the Wenatchee 1/2 marathon, and started training four times a week, and then the kids got sick so it turned into three times, and then Trent had to work late so it turned into two times and some weeks I was glad to just go on a long run on Saturdays. well after a few months of "training" the time came to set out and thankfully we had my brother and his very soon to be wife staying with the kids so we could go.
we stopped by Leavenworth on the way up and walked around a bunch of fun shops and had lunch in a beer garden of all places. Anyway, we had a great time and the race went really well. and I have to say a GIANT thank you to the friends that were up there as well and that stuck around until I finished. It was fun to have a to have cheering squad while crossing the finish line! and thanks for the picture (as much as no one wants a picture taken after 2 1/2 hours of running, I'm glad I have proof that I did it!)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara Black said...

Way to go, Sarah! That is awesome. Also, you look really cute and tiny. :)

May 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff and Carol said...

You're amazing!! When I'm done nursing Jack and am SOOO getting back in shape and running in a marathon!! You're my IDOL! :)

May 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Janiel said...

How fun!! You guys are cute!

May 4, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home